Pages

Daves' Diary

Welcome to my very own slice of the world wide web. This is an account of my trials and tribulations as I try to forge ahead on this spinning globe and get myself a 'career' in the process. Please read on and make sure your feet are clean. Thanks!

Monday 7 October 2013

Barcelona updates....

Day began with a breakfast of Churros..

Did not like this. Chocolate too thick and sludgy and doughnuts too crispy. Not a satisfactory start to the day. Give me porridge and watermelon please.

Then got on a bus and trotted off for a tour. Feet were pretty sore after yesterday's assault on my senses so a 'sitting down only walking when I chose' seemed a good option.

Saw lots of stuff. Suffice to say that Gaudi was generous. Rampant with his modernist thinking I think. Photos can be supplied on request.

Being a tourist is tough on wallet and feet. Not necessarily in that order. Infact tourists are a real pain to negotiate when out and about. Only thing worse than a tourist is a family of tourists. Worse still are foreign tourists.

Just watched some locals go past. Too dammed cool. I feel very middle aged M&S here....

Have eaten more tapas tonight. Small dishes add up. Stomach is stretched or has methane collecting

Must sign off happy reader. Will update again when more is known....


No comments:

Post a Comment