Pages

Daves' Diary

Welcome to my very own slice of the world wide web. This is an account of my trials and tribulations as I try to forge ahead on this spinning globe and get myself a 'career' in the process. Please read on and make sure your feet are clean. Thanks!

Wednesday 8 June 2011

transition......

Well, I am now two days into my new temporary job. Typical first day (45 mins early - hello coffee shop!) where not a lot seemed organised and my appearance was almost a surprise. A welcome surprise? Using my highly tuned office skills it took me no time at all the find some filing to do. Only one paper cut as a result of half a day sifting, sorting and rearranging.

 Pretty good for an old HR professional. Second day was more of the same but with an IT induction and HR team meeting thrown in. The IT seems familiar and my technobluff seems pretty good. In the team meeting I contributed and added some value.

Pretty sure this will soon fit me like a pair of comfortable slacks

Seems that my exceptional interpersonal skills combined with my aspirational nose for an opportunity might see me into my twilight years. Hopefully in a permanent position. Permanently..........?

No comments:

Post a Comment