Pages

Daves' Diary

Welcome to my very own slice of the world wide web. This is an account of my trials and tribulations as I try to forge ahead on this spinning globe and get myself a 'career' in the process. Please read on and make sure your feet are clean. Thanks!

Monday 6 June 2011

poetry........

....is my new medium for expressing my experiences and stuff about job hunting.....etc etc

My Job Journey: Bexley Heath to Uxbridge:

Sweet pea in the hot South

Online was too long

3 dimensions and she is closer to me



University in the cold North East

I took severance

The job was not for me



Birkbeck uni was my first

Three against me

And the job went internally



Male grooming and I am polishing my face

Ironing shirts and tying ties

I have to break into this rat race



EDF in Bexley Heath was a long way away...

I spoke not of corporate competency and experience

Speaking in truths

They said no to me



Then to Uxbridge I roared

Annadarko greeted me

But felt I would be bored



BP in Sunbury with a free bus

Interview was good

Did you not read my CV



Gazprom with offices by the water so fine

We spoke of coordination and experience

Thought it was beneath me so it wasn’t mine



I thought the Union would be fair

Interview was dry and dull

I don’t despair



RBL is a modern place

Red poppy in my jacket

Close but no cigar



Chinese conglomerate by the park

Human resources for them

I missed the mark



Amec was the place to be

Interview was long and interesting

Feedback was not for me



Charity job was temporary

I went and saw

We never met again



MacMillan was not once but twice

Knocked back times two

Me thinks this is not for you



Construction company at Kings Cross

Mix up in selection suitability

This was a dead loss



Microsoft with all its technology

Interviewer tried to advise and redirect

So why interview me



Agencies must see me

Passport please

Market getting busy



Off to ping pong school for me

Barack didn’t stay

For them I was wrong



Working for a community trust

Stop gap vacancy

With no interview this is a must



Telephone interview was new

What are you saying

This is not for you



Equinox for my healthcare

Didn’t need an interview

This opportunity is rare



Business School in a beautiful place

Talking and testing

They did not want to employ my face



Wellcome thanks to Henry

This place is amazing

I had poor competency



Oil and gas in South Quay

With my diving experience I sold myself

No onshore success for me







Now a temporary assignment

There for one day

This job was not meant



VSO job for me

My recruitment skills are strong

Shame it is only temporary



Feedback is always strong

The recession making it harder

Permanently glued to the internet

Permanent opportunities are out there

But now I am being social

The battle goes on and on…..


































No comments:

Post a Comment