Pages

Daves' Diary

Welcome to my very own slice of the world wide web. This is an account of my trials and tribulations as I try to forge ahead on this spinning globe and get myself a 'career' in the process. Please read on and make sure your feet are clean. Thanks!

Thursday 24 September 2015

8/12

A year ago I left a job in order to move to another company. I was to be doing a very similar job. What were my main drivers for this move? Better technology, better management and, not a big factor, some more money (car allowance was nice to get). This bold and adventurous move lasted 3 weeks before I was shown the door. Not great. I had walked into a perfect storm of crashing oil prices, a team leader not up to the job and a company that was as bad as, or worse, than the one I had left. Also I believed the location would be better for me personally too. I was duped, did not look before I lept and did not ask the right questions. The last 12 months as a result of this have been pretty tough. I have spent 8 months without a job. This has been very hard and very frustrating. Marie has totally stuck by me and supported me through this. I am marrying Marie because I love her very much and if I don't seize this opportunity to be happy it will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment