Pages

Daves' Diary

Welcome to my very own slice of the world wide web. This is an account of my trials and tribulations as I try to forge ahead on this spinning globe and get myself a 'career' in the process. Please read on and make sure your feet are clean. Thanks!

Saturday 16 May 2015

Flip side...

My enforced and prolonged period of recent unemployment (nearly 6 months) saw me wrestling, once again, with job market. Made more difficult by the crash in price of crude. Aberdeen was entering its own black recession and I was in the middle of it.

How was this time for me? Pretty terrible. Struggling to get 'traction' or useful leads. There was nothing to get a grip on so no leads were to be found.

These were bleak and desperate days. I applied for jobs, had some interviews, went running and baked banana cakes. All designed to keep me sane, useful and hopeful.

I had two major advantages. My mother, as always, supportive and understanding. My girlfriend Marie was especially wonderful. Unstinting love and support. Even with my tears and raised voice she stuck by me.  Truly wonderful. I love Marie very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment